Friday, April 5, 2013

Ca-Ching!

This is the stuff...that saves money!
By: Super Saver Hannah
 
 
So...it's that time of year, that's right you guessed  it College Shopping Time. Okay so I'll be honest I started college shopping in August 2012 but so far I've only paid full price for one item needed in my dorm. Apparently I'm a really good super sale shopper. So by now your probably wondering my secret tips.
 
Well...I dont really consider them secret tips...just normal shopping advice that most of you probably already know. So lets start from the beginning..in August we all know school supplies, and dorm supplies are out in large quantities all over the stores. Just like after Easter, Christmas, etc. many themed items are put on sale. The same thing happens with dorm items. It may take longer for these items to be marked down but by September you should be racking up on the sales. In August I bought sheets, storage containers, picture frames, and some miscellanous kitchen supplies.
 
Everyone loves seeing a red ticket priced item or a great sale; but don't be so quick to buy it as soon as it goes on sale. If you live in smaller cities that arent particulaly a college town...odds are the items will be marked down even more.
 
Moving onto Black Friday. I have been Black Friday shopping all of two times. The first time was more of a people watching experiment. This past year me and Sara actually ventured into the shopping craziness in search of dorm items. **Let me just say..Black Friday shopping is not for the kind hearted, courteous person.** You cannont let the people with just one item skip you, and you have to point out people cutting in line. Needless to say this years Black Friday shopping was a huge success, and me and Sara weren't hurt or involved in any of the mobs or crushing people. Black Friday is a great time to score dorm items like towels, coffee pots, boots and shower caddies.
 
I will be attending college in Louisiana and believe it or not they actually have seasons there. I have lived in Florida for the past almost 7 years and I have realized that my winter wardrobe is almost non-existent. It's time to hit up all those clearanced out winter coats, gloves and hats. Florida stores clearance winter clothing early and for great prices. I got a pea coat this year for $9.00!!
 
Post-Easter sales have to be the best. In Florida shorts, and birght colored clothing starts coming out in stores so more winter clothing is on sale but you will see some bright colored, floral prints being clearanced out as well. Now is a great time to stock up on winter items, summer/spring dresses and bedding.
 
Yesterday, I bought a comforter for my dorm on sale for $7.50!! It's reversible which makes it 10 times better! I like to change my dorm color scheme about every 5 days here lately.
 
With all that being said..the main theme with all of these stories is.....Shop after particular seasons like after back to school, thanksgiving, winter, easter....and shop often to find the best deals. You don't have to buy most items at full price if you are willing to wait until clearance time!
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment